How it works: Delivery
- Check to see if you are in one of our two delivery zones: Zone 1 with deliveries on Wednesdays delivers to zip codes 48073, 48067, 48017 48072, 48071 (Royal Oak, Clawson, Berkley and Madison Heights); Zone 2 with deliveries on Thursdays to zip codes: 48220, 48237, 48030, 48070, 48069 (Ferndale, Oak Park, Hazel Park, Huntington Woods, & Pleasant Ridge). We are out for delivery bi-weekly starting summer 2020. Starting in fall 2020 we will be moving to weekly delivery, so stay tuned!
- Order your zero-waste products online at Walkinglightly.net. You can place one-time orders, or subscriptions to be delivered bi-weekly or monthly. Most bulk items require you to choose a size, and your product will be delivered in glass jars. There is a $2 deposit for each jar in your order. The next time we drop off an order, leave your empty containers for us, and you will be emailed a coupon code for the cost of deposits to be used at your next order.
- Orders processed by 12pm on Monday will be out for delivery the same week. In the comment section put your address (again, make sure you are in our delivery zones) let us know if there are any special requests for drop-off. We recommend leaving a cooler out for delivery (in shaded/covered spot) and that you bring products inside as soon as possible so that products are not exposed to the elements and maintain their quality, as some products are moisture and/or temperature-sensitive.
- Transfer product into containers you already have, and enjoy knowing that you are making a difference in reducing plastic waste! We do not recommend using glass in or around the bath/shower! Please feel free to contact us with any questions or concerns. We want to be your partner in sustainability!
Notes about delivery:
- For variances in delivery, check our delivery and events calendar page, we will post any changes for the month. If you have an order placed and there is going to be any disruption, you will receive an email from firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss with you.
- Products delivered will be labeled with: product item, manufacturer, and scent, noting Walking Lightly as distributor. Please reference the website for full product description, instructions, and ingredients.
- Products may be packaged in a facility that comes into contact with tree nuts.
- If you live in a space that does not allow for package drop-off, don’t fret! We are looking to partner with businesses in the community to be local pick-up stations. If you have a business in mind, feel free to pass along their information to us, and vice versa. Sustainability is a team effort!