We Are Hiring
Current Job Openings:
Job Title: Part Time Refillery Associate
Job Description: The Refill Associate is an integral part of the Walking Lightly team. Often having the most face to face interaction with customers, the Refill Associate helps educate and connect with customers about sustainable living while demonstrating the values of Walking Lightly. This job is well suited for persons who enjoy creating a welcoming environment, are comfortable working independently and are self-directed. Some heavy lifting required. Position requires evening and weekend hours.
Reports to: Founder/Owner, or Manager/ Senior Staff on Duty
Compensation: $15/hr; 20% Employee Discount *must have worked within last 30 days
Hours: Vary, but will include evenings and weekends; approximately 10-15 hrs/week
All employees of Walking Lightly must exemplify our mission and values.
Mission: We help Metro Detroiters reduce their waste and better our planet by offering a community space to reduce, reuse & refill.
There is no Planet B: If we are going to leave a livable planet for future generations, our society needs to make big change, and it needs to be happen quickly. We are here to help as many people as possible live more sustainably. We aim for better, not perfect.
Integrity: We show up, work hard, and do the best we can for each other and the planet. We treat our team, and our customers with compassion and respect, and do what needs done.
Community: We are here to be a resource and a source for betterment in our community. The work we do needs to be sustainable for the planet, and sustaining for our team. We believe that creative, collaborative thinking are key to building the systems needed to bring great change.
What are the Critical Tasks & Responsibilities?
· Provide excellent customer service to help customers navigate the store, tare and fill their containers, answer product/lifestyle questions in a way that puts customers at ease.
· Use the point of sale system to check out customers.
· Responsible for daily operations such as cleaning, restocking, making tags and creating in-store visual displays.
· Prepare online orders in a timely manner.
· Help maintain accurate inventory records.
· Abide by all work rules, safety guidelines and company policies and procedures.
· Maintain timely and clear communication with founder/owner and other staff.
What are the Competencies and Qualifications for this job (technical, academic, experience, values, behaviors)?
- Must be 18 years or older
- Passion for the planet and sustainable living
- Ability to create and uphold a safe and respectful workplace
- Ability to work with others in a collaborative way
- Excellent communication skills
- Proficient with, or ability to learn quickly, programs such as POS, GSuite, etc.
- Physical Demands necessary for performing job: Must be able to lift 50 lbs.; have the ability to be on feet for majority of shift; be comfortable with unpacking, consolidating, stocking inventory which sometimes requires use of a step-stool, box cutter or basic tools.
- This position will require regular evening and weekend hours.
- High School Degree preferred.
- · Experience working in grocery or retail industry with POS system
If this position sounds like a good fit for you, please email resume to Tessa at firstname.lastname@example.org