How It Works & How we are handling COVID-19 Restrictions
- We are taking the COVID-19 threat very seriously. We believe that while the safety precautions are an incredible challenge, our community will get through this together! The CDC recommends hand-washing with soap and water as one of the main ways to keep yourself and your family safe. We want you to have what you need to keep your hands and home clean, and you can rest assured that we will adhere to strict sanitizing and hand-hygiene standards while getting your orders ready. Delivery drop-off does not require any face-to-face contact, and you can feel free to bring in packages the same way you would bring in any package.
- For in-store shopping we have lifted our 5 shopper maximum at a time, though out of an abundance of caution and for the comfort of many of our customers, we are continuing to require masks at this time. We will have hand sanitizer provided, and are cleaning surfaces regularly.
- The following is how-to for delivery: check to see if you are in one of our two delivery zones: Zone 1 with zip codes 48073, 48067, 48017 48072, 48071, 48009 (Royal Oak, Clawson, Berkley, Madison Heights, Birmingham); Zone 2 with zip codes: 48220, 48237, 48030, 48070, 48069 (Ferndale, Oak Park, Hazel Park, Huntington Woods, & Pleasant Ridge). We will be out for delivery weekly during summer 2020, check the calendar for the next date, and place your order two days ahead of time. Delivery is free for orders $25 and over. Orders under $25 have a $3 delivery fee.
- Order your zero-waste products online. Most bulk items require you to choose a size, and your product will be delivered in glass jars. There is a $2 deposit for each jar in your order. Some items you will be able to pick a 'direct-fill' option if you are also purchasing a bottle from the accessories collection, or if you would like to have us fill your own bottle (in which case, just let us know which products you would like filled - see FAQs for more info) The next time we drop off an order, leave your empty containers for us, and you will be emailed a coupon code for the cost of deposits to be used at your next order.
- Orders processed the day before will go out for delivery. In the 'Cart' page, press "Special instructions for seller" and let us know if there are any special requests for drop-off. We recommend leaving a cooler out for delivery (in shaded/covered spot) and that you bring products inside as soon as possible so that products are not exposed to the elements and maintain their quality, as some products are moisture and/or temperature-sensitive. If there is precipitation and we don't see a cooler, we'll repurpose bags or boxes to try to keep your order protected.
- Transfer product into containers you already have, and enjoy knowing that you are making a difference in reducing plastic waste! We do not recommend using glass in or around the bath/shower! Please feel free to contact us with any questions or concerns. We want to be your partner in sustainability!
- We will be working on formalizing an in-store pickup option. For now if you are outside the delivery zones and would like to order online for pick up, please contact us via email or dm over social media.
Notes about delivery:
- For variances in delivery, check our social media or delivery and events calendar page, we will post any changes for the month. If you have an order placed and there is going to be any disruption, you will receive an email from email@example.com to discuss with you.
- Products delivered will be labeled with: product item, manufacturer, and scent, noting Walking Lightly as distributor. Please reference the website for full product description, instructions, and ingredients.
- Warning: Products may be packaged in a facility that comes into contact with tree nuts.