How It Works & How we are handling COVID-19 Restrictions
- We are taking the COVID-19 threat very seriously. We know that we are all have pandemic-fatigue, but that we can all do our part to take care of each other and our community! For in-store shopping we are continuing to require masks at this time. We will have hand sanitizer provided, and are cleaning surfaces regularly. Delivery drop-off does not require any face-to-face contact.
- The following is how-to for delivery: check to see if you are in one of our two delivery zones:
- Zone 1 with zip codes 48073, 48067, 48017 48072, 48071, 48009, 48220, 48237, 48030, 48070, 48069 (Royal Oak, Clawson, Berkley, Madison Heights, Birmingham, Ferndale, Oak Park, Hazel Park, Huntington Woods & Pleasant Ridge). Delivery day is Wednesday, order must be in by Tuesday. Delivery is free for orders $25 and over. Orders under $25 have a $3 delivery fee.
- Zone 2 with zip codes 48302, 48320, 48322, 48323, 48324, 48325, 48328, 48321, 48309, 48307, 48306, 48304, 48320, 48326, 48340, 48341, 48342 ( Pontiac, Auburn Hills, Rochester Hills, West Bloomfield Twp. & Keego Harbor). Delivery day is Friday and orders must be in by Thursday at 5pm. Minimum $25 order with flat $3 delivery, and free delivery for orders over $50.
- Order your zero-waste products online. Most bulk items require you to choose a size, and your product will be delivered in glass jars. There is a $2 deposit for each jar in your order. Some items you will be able to pick a 'direct-fill' option if you are also purchasing a bottle from the accessories collection, or if you would like to have us fill your own bottle (in which case, just let us know which products you would like filled - see FAQs for more info) The next time we drop off an order, leave your empty containers for us, and you will be provided with a coupon code for the cost of deposits to be used at your next order.
- In the 'Cart' page, press "Special instructions for seller" and let us know if there are any special requests for drop-off. We recommend leaving a cooler out for delivery (in shaded/covered spot) and that you bring products inside as soon as possible so that products are not exposed to the elements and maintain their quality, as some products are moisture and/or temperature-sensitive. If there is precipitation and we don't see a cooler, we'll repurpose bags or boxes to try to keep your order protected.
- Transfer product into containers you already have, and enjoy knowing that you are making a difference in reducing plastic waste! We do not recommend using glass in or around the bath/shower! Please feel free to contact us with any questions or concerns. We want to be your partner in sustainability!
- If you are looking to pick up your order in-store, just send us an email, message, or include a 'note to seller' at checkout.
Notes about delivery:
- For variances in delivery, we will post on social media (ig/fb). If you have an order placed and there is going to be any disruption, you will receive an email from email@example.com .
- Products delivered will be labeled with: product item, manufacturer, and scent, noting Walking Lightly as distributor. Please reference the website for full product description, instructions, and ingredients.
- Warning: Products may be packaged in a facility that comes into contact with tree nuts.